As Eileen Elias Freeman said: “It isn’t the size of the gift that matters, but the size of the heart that gives it”.
Whether you receive a bouquet of flowers or a card with a thoughtful message, it is always a heart touching experience. You may have seen or given an adorable teddy bear plushy to your sister, or you may have gifted your lover a bouquet of red roses for Valentine’s Day, these gifts have always been there to delight your loved ones. Now let’s go back to the time when it all started!
Gift Giving Tradition
The tradition of giving gifts has always been in existence. Since the ancient times, gifts of all kinds have been given and received. This has transcended to the modern age.
Nowadays gifts are more streamlined and chic, but one thing has always been constant throughout the ages; the joy of gift giving. Here are some gift-giving trends that have always remained evergreen throughout the ages.
– Few things can add to a person charm or appearance. Time and time again, history has shown us how jewelry and accessories have been able to sway the minds of the people.
From a necklace with a single massive yellow Topaz in the middle to a dazzling silver bracelet inlaid with a variety of gemstones, people have always been attracted to them, like moths to a flame.
This is undoubtedly one of the best gifts to give your loved one.
Nowadays, there are many women accessories available online to help you make a choice at your comfort.
– It could be a passion-filled red rose or a blush of pink lilies, but no matter what flowers you give your loved one, it is always bound to be special.
Buyers can even customize the flower bouquet and make it their own way.
Since the dawn of civilization, flowers have always held a special place in one’s heart. Whether it is someone’s birthday, or a day dedicated to celebrating love like an anniversary, nothing can spread joy and romance more than flowers.
– A feast for the taste buds, nothing spreads happiness and joy more than these two.
Historical records show that trend of gifting sweet delights have always been special. From heralding the inception of any occasion or ceremony to casually gifting them to loved ones, sweets have always been a delight.
While this age old trend has remained unchanged, chocolates have made a new entry into this world. No matter the occasion, Rakhi, birth, or even anniversary, sweets and chocolates are always the highlight.
– Gifting clothes made by internationally renowned brands such as Gucci, Armani, Versace, have always been one of the most popular ideas.
Ever since ancient times, the practice of gifting apparels and other clothing items to loved ones have been a joy for both the giver and the receiver.
This idea has remained in the modern age, but the process of getting them and gifting them, is a lot more convenient now. You can just order a designer shirt, or a shoe made from the finest quality leather with just a few clicks, and send it to anyone you wish to.
– The renowned author Neil Gaiman once said “Books make great gifts because they have whole worlds inside of them”
Whether one’s loved one has a knack for fantasy or has his or her feet firmly planted on reality and facts, books are the perfect way to expand the boundaries of one’s imagination and develop new ideas.
In the medieval period of Europe, books and manuscripts were presented as gifts to people. This practice has also been prevalent in India during the Vedic age.
It lives on in society even now.
Idols of Deities
– An idol of a deity is always something that is loved and treasured by all. Auspicious and bringers of good fortune, this sacred object is one of the most wanted gifts for anybody.
Having its roots back in the ancient days, objects made in the image of the revered deities have auspicious significance and is regarded as a sign of good fortune.
Perfumes and Deodorants
– Creating a fresh and healthy atmosphere and removing the foul stench of dirt and perspiration are always prized.
This has its roots right back to the times of medieval Europe. Perfumes and beauty products have always been the rage.
Whether it is a canned sports deodorant or a bottle of perfume, none can be disappointed to receive them.
– As evidenced throughout history, rulers used to share scrolls for passing messages, considering that as a mode of communication. Thus the idea of gifting thoughtful messages in the form of cards was conceived.
A heartfelt message in an intricately designed card is the one best way to express one’s thoughts and emotions.
Whether it is a birthday or the eve of Raksha Bandhan, present a card and see your loved one light up in delight.
– In ancient times, toys and other objects were given to children to always cheer them up and spread that sweet smile across their faces.
But not just children, but grown-ups are also enamored by these.
A fuzzy little teddy bear or an adorable plushy of a cute little elephant is always a delight. Get a delightful soft plushy and see the joy on the receiver’s face light up.
– A pen or a box of crayons is always a joy to all.
Right from the Vedic period in India, the practice of giving stationary objects as gifts to people one cherishes and reveres has always been a source of delight to both the sender and the receiver.
They say that “The best gifts come from the heart, not the store.” No matter what the monetary value is, a gift always tugs the strands of heart.