Flowers are the real wonders of nature. Giving out sweet fragrances to all, flowers enrapture the mind and soul. What truly sets flowers apart are the deep significances they carry along. This makes them perfect for any event and celebration. Whether it is a Birthday Bash, Anniversary celebration, or anything else, the significance of a flower is never diminished.
A flower represents beauty, mystery and intrigue, one that always heightens your happiness and delight. Here are some rare facts about flowers.
Sunflowers – Sunflowers are the flowers of the sun. Nothing is more delightful than a flowerbed of these joyous wonders blooming in the golden rays of the sun. Some unknown facts about its magnificence:
- The sunflower is said to track the sun’s movement across the sky.
- The head of a sunflower is made up of a number of smaller flowers known as florets
- The tallest Sunflower stood at a height of 5 feet 5 inches.
- Sunflower seeds are an excellent source of energy and are often crushed into oil for cooking.
Titan Arum- The Flower known as titan arum is said to be the world’s largest flower.
- It can grow upto 3 meters in length and circumference.
- It gives out a stench of rotting flesh to attract insects and flies for pollination.
- The nasty smell it gives out is the reason its dubbed as the “corpse flower”
Roses – Roses are said to be one of the most loved flowers. Suitable for any occasion, nothing delights anyone more than a bouquet of these flowers.
- Roses are related to apples, raspberries, cherries, peaches, plums, nectarines, pears and almonds
- Essences of Rose are used to make jams, jellies and also tea.
- In ancient Egypt, roses were considered to be sacred and were presented in royal funerals.
Lotus – The lotus is held in deep reverence across many cultures. Typically grown as an aquatic flower, its petals are large and showy, filled with colors.
- Lotuses flourish in rivers and damp wetlands
- This flower may lie in a dormant state in times of drought.
- It is a symbol of resurrection and eternal life to many cultures.
Lilies – Lilies are the very image of natural purity and radiance. From the delicate pink blush of innocence to the dauntless passion and enthusiasm of an orange variant, lilies are as versatile as they are gorgeous.
- Certain species of lilies are renowned for their edible bulbs.
- The meanings of a lily flower vary throughout the world. For instance, in China lilies symbolize good luck and fortune.
- Lilies have an extraordinarily long life in flower vases.
- Greek mythology has it that the God Apollo presented a bundle of lilies to Aesculapius, the great healer.
Carnations – Carnations are more than just a pretty sight. They have a reputation for being the best natural de-stressers for the weary.
- Carnations are able to grow by seeds and plant cuttings.
- Columbia is the world’s greatest cultivators of carnations.
- Carnation is the Latin word for “Dianthus” which literally translates to “flower of the Gods”
- It may reach upto 31 inches in height.
Daisy – Daisies spread delight and joy to all. Nothing emphasizes more on the virtues of innocence and purity than a field of daisies.
- Daisies circulate water and nutrients to other plants.
- Leaves of daisies are edible and are rich in Vitamin C.
- Bees are attracted to daisies and expedite their pollination process.
- Daisies are inborn with medicinal properties that make them apt for slowing bleeding, relieving indigestion, and easing coughs.
Flower growing regions
Flowers are cultivated throughout the globe, but there are certain regions that excel in this feat. Some of the topmost exporters of flowers are –
The thriving flower industry in India is one to be noted, particularly the major cities. Here, the rampant growth of the floriculture has allowed efficient online delivery services through. Whether it is a bouquet of anniversary Flowers for your Parents or a bouquet of red roses for your beloved, you can avail it all through the online delivery service.
If users are still sure about what to get, Gift Ideas, especially for your Parent’s Anniversary,may easily be obtained through the helpline number. So, delay no more, get flowers online today at your home, all through a few clicks. Just sit back and relax, as you order the most beautiful flower bouquets online, all through a few clicks.